Thursday, July 24, 2008

summer color

During the summer I frequently feel the urge to ditch the black and to incorporate some color into my wardrobe. I can remember my southern grandmother telling me that she got her nails done in lighter, brighter colors for summer, and I guess that's still stuck in the back of my head, even after all of these years because I feel a little inappropriate wearing all black all summer long.
That's why it's nice to see Julia Von Boehm, fashion stylist and former assistant to Carine Roitfeld, break out and wear some color for a little bit. The Paris Vogue team is notorious for it's all black wardrobe. Whenever they arrive it's like a team of arachnids have descended. While that look is definitely inspiring and has spawned millions of copy-cats around the world, it's nice every once in a while to see them push their boundaries. Julia's bright persimmon color sweater really hits the spot.


No comments: