Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I have decided to finally bite the bullet and start this blog. I kept on deliberating on how to write my first post, until i eventually realized that if i kept on thinking, I would never get started.  I wanted my first post to be fun, quirky, and cute but not precious, in order to set the mood for the blog.  It seemed like a fairly small task- just a  short introduction and your'e in business.  However, it is anything but.  Even deciding on the name of the blog has been difficult- i wanted the perfect name that would sum up myself in a single, catchy phrase.  talk about pressure! I dabbled with several names including 'sweet jesus', a favorite expression of mine for something  that is just unbelieveably marvelous, or incredibly kitchy.  I eventually decided on clotheshorse both because of my inability to slim down my closet and also because, as a life long rider, any phrase with an equine touch appeals to me.  However, since clotheshorse was already taken,  i settled on fashionfilly.  It's a youthful play on clotheshorse- not only is the phrase an alliteration, but a filly is a baby horse, which seemed entirely appropriate for a blog written by a  youthful college student.  So while not perfect, this name will do for the time being.

Aside from the name, I had trouble figuring out which parts of myself to share in this first post.  I thought about summarizing my interests, activities, favorite books and music as a way to showcase my aesthetic, but in the end decided against it.  Instead, i think i will offer up these little tidbits as i see fitting.

For today, I will leave you with a  list of a few of my favorite things- the beach (as any good california girl should), riding my horse, skiing, stalking the olsen twins (more on that later), reading the new york times, the sun, and eating (chez panisse is my st. marks)

No comments: