Tuesday, February 10, 2009

trying to see the glass half full



"Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative."

- Oscar Wilde

This quote gives me reassurance- my trouble defining my personal style isn't indecisiveness or even worse, a failure to know myself, but rather an excess of imagination!
I know what I don't like- super alternative hipster wannabees. You can save the fixie bikes and colored skinny jeans for someone else.
But when it comes time to describe what I do like I have a harder time. I like the preppy, uptown girl look (I did work at J Crew after all). Other days I like the very minimialistic, black and grey, alexander wang look, most likely attributable to my love of ashley olsen and my father's preference for me in black (is that weirdly morose?). Other days i'm feeling the beach girl, hippie, old school rachel zoe look.
Hopefully with time my style will become more defined, destinctive and personal

No comments: