Sunday, June 24, 2012

She came in with the strangest outfits and you could tell she was just trying on identities and being a total geek but people found it endearing.

from here


As a recent college graduate living in new york, I have been closely following Girls, Lena Dunham's new TV show featuring recent college graduates trying to figure out who they are and what they're doing in New York. I can't decide if its an opportunity for introspection, or too close for comfort, but this description by Jemima Kirke of Lena Dunham's high school years has really resonated.

This blog has been a bit schitzophrenic- sometimes I like to think of myself as a grungy minimalist, other times a classicist, other times a roadie for the grateful dead.  At times this feels like a failure of personal style. But I like to look at it this way - I am trying on various identities, and I am moving from one to another with each outfit.

No comments: